Trading as a subsidiary of an overseas parent
Seeking expansion and an opportunity to bring your business to the UK?
This is now even more appealing with a current corporation tax at a competitive 20% and falling. However, overseas companies coming to the UK can be faced with challenges in relation to accountancy and tax compliance.
At Warrener Stewart, we have extensive knowledge of the tax system in respect of foreign companies with a UK subsidiary or branch. This enables us to advise overseas businesses coming to the UK about the UK tax system and accountancy practice.
In establishing a UK Subsidiary or branch, Warrener Stewart is able to provide assistance in the following areas:
- UK statutory accounts preparation and UK GAAP,
- Management accounts preparation,
- Regular group reporting to overseas parent company,
- Audit assistance to the group auditors,
- UK corporation tax returns and other corporation tax compliance,
- VAT registration, VAT returns and dealing with VAT enquires,
- Intrastat reporting,
- Construction industry scheme (CIS) registration and reporting,
- Establishing a UK payroll and modified payroll schemes,
- Thin capitalisation and withholding tax issues.
Warrener Stewart is also able to offer more than advice
We can provide a knowledgeable accountancy and tax team who will make bringing your business to the UK as simple as possible. We prepare accounts and corporation tax returns along with VAT returns, intrastat reporting, payroll, along with any other additional services the company requires. This means that the UK subsidiary or branch will be able to run smoothly from the outset, with the parent company contributing as little time as possible.
We dedicate ourselves to providing a service akin to that of an in-house team without the complication for the parent of knowing what is needed in the early years.
Warrener Stewart has the ability to remotely access clients’ accounting systems anywhere in the world. This has allowed us to have full access to client records in real time allowing the overseas parent company to monitor UK subsidiary accounting in the host country.
With Warrener Stewart providing an in-house team away from home, bringing your company to the UK has never been so simple.